Saturday 30 May 2015

Long Weekend Goodies

Hi There,
Here in NZ it is Queen's Birthday LONG WEEKEND!!  Thank you Queenie.
Every year we celebrate Oldest Littlie's birthday.  This year it is Number 11!  Mind boggling really to think how fast he is growing up, still he is and always will be my little baby.  He would probably cringe to hear me talk like this.


While I am on a tangent reminiscing about the past 11 years I thought I'd take a wander back and show you some of the cakes I have made for him.  His first birthday cake was appalling.  All held together with toothpicks and very bad buttercream icing.  However he was none the wiser.


As the years have progressed and after a few cake decorating classes, I have improved.  

3rd Birthday train

7th Birthday 10 pin bowling

8th Birthday racing car designed by OL

5th Birthday Lightning McQueen

I actually enjoy designing and creating the cakes.  The littlies tell me what they want and I make it.  It is a great chance to get creative.  

This years cake is a Lego cake.   Last minute change from a Minecraft cake. Better go and create something...

Take care,
Lisa

P.S...This wasn't the post I was expecting to write.  I was going to show some crochet goodies (hence the post title) that I have been creating.  Funny how things come about...Tomorrow it will be all about the crochet.  Promise!




No comments:

Post a Comment