Sunday 28 September 2014

Quiet Time

Hi There,

The school holidays started with a BANG!
I spend yesterday at Shed10 in the City as part of the Auckland Heritage Festival.
It was a day of WWI nostalgia.  There was a parade, food, craft, singing, Artillery Band music, vintage games and clothing.



Along with all this the 5000 Poppies made an appearance.

We had a table set up where we could spread the word about the project and get the little people to make felt poppies.


It was a great day, tiring but great.  We talked to so many lovely people who all thought our project was amazing.  Feels nice to be involved in something so special.

I will be doing a new tally soon but I think we are over 9000 poppies, so the new target is 18,500 poppies.  One for each NZ soldier who died in WWI.  Not too hard a task me thinks. 

Today I am exhausted so it has been a very quiet day relaxing, making salted caramel slice with Little Lovely and crocheting a new character.  I can not wait to share what I have done and what I have learnt.  

Aww...my hubby just appeared with a bowl of chips to nibble on while I write this, so sweet!  I knew there was a reason I married him 12 years ago.

Take care everyone,
Lxx



1 comment: