Monday 5 May 2014

Weekend Busyness

Hi There,
This weekend saw the poppy display have its first public outing at the WW100 exhibition at the Uxbridge Centre.  With only 700 poppies on the hessian panel it still took my breath away.  So many people, so many memories woven together.  Very humbling and a little overwhelming too.




I have worked out I will need about another 9-10 panels for next years commemoration.  Lots of stitching to be done.  The final display will be amazing!  I can't wait to see the final piece.

Also this weekend I made a birthday cake for a cousin's 30th.  



A drift car!  It took me all of Friday to make it.  I love making cakes for family and friends as it allows me to get a little creative.  Lots of fun!

The school holidays finished yesterday too.  Sad...as we had a fantastic time chilling, swimming, movies and playdates.  Now it is back to routines and work.  At least this term is only nine weeks long.  



But it must be time to get back to a little of my own crocheting before I have to make two more birthday cakes for two special little people.  May and June are busy months in this family.

A little rest is in order.
Take care,
Lxx  

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa, the poppy display is stunning. Its quite breathtaking. Are you really making 9 more ?
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,
    Yes, there will be 9 more. We will have 5000 poppies to display. A very big job but very rewarding!
    Thanks for your comments.
    Lxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its going to look stunning.
      K x

      Delete
    2. Hi Kate,
      We have reached 5000 poppies now and still collecting. This project has taken on a life of its own. We now have four panels made.

      Delete