Monday 3 March 2014

Playing Catch Up

Hi There,
Golly it has been a little too long between posts.  Life has been a little busy here.
Good busy though.

Delights that have brightened my letterbox

The poppy project has taken off even more, with exceptional individuals jumping on board and helping me.  Poppies have also been arriving which is just so lovely.  We still have a little way to go with only 245 poppies so far.  But I am convinced we will do it now.  With 187 members on Facebook I think we can.  So I am busily emailing people organising craft afternoon teas, emailing patterns to crafters, looking for a venue after the local war museum didn't want it, after chasing them for four months. I was a little sadden and disappointing they didn't want to get involved.  But now I just need to get on and find an alternative. At one point this project started to feel like a full time job but now it has slowed down a little.  It gives me a chance to breathe.

Another busy time for me was making my best friend of 30 years wedding cake as well as my dress.  
Ready ...
For a look ...
FINALLY ...



The cake was made up of chocolate mud cake with chocolate ganache on the bottom, the middle was a banana cake with lemon butter cream icing and the top was carrot cake with vanilla buttercream icing.  All were then covered in white fondant and hand made hydrangea flowers.  Phew!  It was a big job but so worth it.  My best friend and her husband love it, which made my day.  

My dress I made was divine!  I loved it!  It was so comfy and light on a very hot Summer afternoon.


The pattern was one I have had for awhile, Retro Butterick 5748 and the fabric was from Spotlight.  Then a nice navy ribbon tied in a bow to finish it off along with lots of bling of coarse! Hair was literally pinned up in 5mins as we were running very late.  So much for a leisurely time getting ready with bubbles.  I think I had a shower, put make up on and did the hair in half an hour.  Crazy!  The wedding was amazing on the local beach.  But please remember if you are ever going to a beach wedding wear jandals not dress shoes in the sand - not a good idea.  Blisters arrived and made for a very ouchy night of dancing.   But nothing a bit of wine couldn't fix! It was such a fantastic weekend away just hubby and I.  We managed a nice bike ride and one last Summer swim before the weather turns.

Talking about weather.  I do laugh a little reading some of my favourite blogs from the Northern Hemisphere and how you are all waiting for Summer to arrive and here I am in the Southern Hemisphere waiting for Winter.  I do like 'rugging up', wearing my boots and drinking loads more tea. I do love to hibernate!

But I thought you Northern Hemisphere folks might like some sunshine.  So I am sending some your way...





Enjoy.
L xx




No comments:

Post a Comment