Tuesday 21 January 2014

Scarves

Hi There,
It is almost the end of the Summer holidays then it is back to routine, lunches, after school activities and... *sigh* ...work.  I can't say I am excited about the later as I am quite enjoying the lazy relaxed crafty atmosphere here in the cupboard.  I seriously could quite happily stay in here forever making things.  I have tidied in here lately and I can see the floor which is lovely.  I sit in here on the floor, close the door and see how long it takes the little lovelies to find me.  Great game!

This week here I have stopped with the poppy making and blue square making and made a scarf.  My own design.  Just thought up on the spot and luckily for me it worked.  For a little while I have been following Kate over at just pootling. She has a lovely sense of calm and balance in her life which I love to read about.  She is also the one who got me thinking about scarves this week.


I wanted it to be a cowl (a joined scarf) and I wanted it to be long so I could double it around my neck for extra cosiness.

Here is the pattern. (Biting finger nails as we speak, never done this before) 


GREY COWL

HOOK:  4.5mm
ROWS:  17
YARN:  Stylecraft acrylic yarn in light grey and charcoal

TO START:
Ch 200 in charcoal yarn.  Join with a slip stitch being careful not to twist it.  Trust me this can be a nightmare when  it twists as you get to the end and the ends don't match. Very annoying. Double check!
Don't fasten off.

ROUND 1:
Ch 4 (counts as a tr and space)
Work one tr into the next space then ch 1, 1 tr in next space,  ch 1... Continue to the end.  Join with a slip stitch into third chain of first tr.
Don't fasten off.

ROUND 2:
Ch 4 (counts as a tr and space)
Work one tr into the next space then ch 1, 1 tr in next space, ch 1... Continue to the end.  Join with a slip stitch into third chain of first tr.
Don't fasten off.

ROUND 3:
Ch 3 and 1 tr together in first space, ch 1, 2 tr in next space, ch 1... Continue to end.  Join with a slip stitch.
Don't fasten off.

ROUND 4-8:
Continue in the same way repeating round 1-3.  Fasten off.

ROUND 9:
Attach light grey yarn.
Ch 4 (counts as a tr and space)
Work one tr into the next space then ch 1,  1 tr in next space,  ch 1... Continue to the end.  Join with a slip stitch into third chain of first tr.
Don't fasten off.

ROUND 10:
Ch 4 (counts as a tr and space)
Work one tr into the next space then ch 1, 1 tr in next space, ch 1... Continue to the end.  Join with a slip stitch into third chain of first tr.
Don't fasten off.

ROUND 11:
Ch 3 and 1 tr together in first space, ch 1, 2 tr in next space, ch 1...Continue to end.  join with a slip stitch.
Don't fasten off.

ROUND 12-17:
Continue in the same way repeating round 1-3.  Fasten off.

Darn in ends.
__________________________________________________

So there you go...one lovely grey scarf.  Nice and simple.   

Well I hope it is.  This is the first time I have written out my patten ideas.  I know I should have had pictures accompanying the instructions but this only occurred to me AFTER I had made it.  Writing the pattern out only occurred to me while I was writing this blog.  I thought I better keep a record of what I had done as I will forget later on.  

If you do have a go at this, please let me know if there are gaps/problems with the pattern as I would love to get better at doing this.

Happy crocheting.

Lxx




No comments:

Post a Comment