Saturday 11 January 2014

Holiday Pics Part I

Hi There,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Yes I know it is a little late, but one can't rush these things! 
While the blogging world has been screaming full steam ahead with loads of posts I took a step back (a very very big one) and had a lovely two week holiday. BLISS!! 

But now I am back and I have a dilemma. Do I write about resolutions or holiday first?  



Maybe get holiday pics out the way first then I can babble on tomorrow about resolutions and what exciting things I have in-store for myself.

OH excitement!

Anyhow...
Here goes...

MATAMATA HOLIDAY PART I

On 29th Dec we took a two hour drive to Matamata (Hobbiton capital of NZ).  The Hubby was competing in the NZ Gliding National Championships.  Very exciting!  It was the first time in a very long time that they have had the Nationals in the school holidays which allowed the two little lovelies and myself a chance to 'hang out' with Hubby/Dad as well as have a holiday.  

Matamata weather - changeable 

The little lovelies were that much older this time around and were a lot freer to do their own things without Mum lingering around all the time.  They rode their bikes around the area happily while I crocheted or read a book.  It was nice not having to watch them like a hawk.  I actually felt like I had a holiday.  Another thing I didn't need to do was cook.  OH BLISS!!  There was a lovely lady there who cooked all our dinners for us, even pudding!  I was very spoilt.

While on holiday we went and visited friends in Rotorua and went for this amazing magical walk in the forest. The walk was called 'As You Do'.  As you are walking and breathing in the fresh clean air you have to find all the little creatures that are tucked away in various spots.  It made the kids forget that they were walking for a long time and focus on what was around them.


Here are some of the 90 creatures we found.  The little mouse and the owls were my favourite.







Aren't they cute?!  What a great idea to get kids out and about exercising and having fun all at the same time. CLEVER!

On the way back the walk was a little too exciting for me.  We decided to go back a different way and my friend and myself ended up slipping and landing on our bottoms which was a little painful. The group of littlies thought it hilarious though. Remember NEVER have your phone in your back pocket.


Another walk we did was to 'The Waterfall'.  I am sure it has a proper name but the locals simply call it the waterfall.

So off we all trot on a 45 min walk.  The scenery was like stepping foot into the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies.  Beautiful!




After loads of rain


After rain has gone

Breathtaking! I'm not sure there is much else to say about it.  I think the pictures say it all.

And so I will leave you all there.  End of part I.  I thought while writing this I would split it as I would imagine like me, you have a lot of other things you need to be getting on with, without sitting here reading a novel length post.

So until tomorrow,
Take care,
L xx







1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa! The photos are amazing through the forests! We have mossy, ferny woods north of us that give the same magical feel. And that waterfall is simply beautiful ... love the "rain" photo of it. How nice to have been able to get away all together for the glider event. I used to live alongside an escarpment and the local private airstrip used to have people gliding along the edge of the cliff regularly all summer. Looking forward to Part II :) Wendy x

    ReplyDelete