Sunday 1 December 2013

Christmas is here!

Hi There,

Christmas is well and truly here at our place. Bunting is up, lights are up, santa bowl is full of chocolates, Christmas music has been resurrected.  Ahhhhhh!  Life is (at the moment) good.

A tradition with my little family of four is to put the Christmas tree up 12 days before Christmas but this year I thought we could put it up early as we need to enjoy it before we go away.

So...Today 1st December was the day.


I love getting out the nice, neat, perfect artificial tree and ladening it with all our decorations.  Growing up we always had a real tree which I loved as they had a lovely smell and Christmas wasn't Christmas without the real tree.  But now, as an adult I am not much of a fan as they create a heck of a mess as they droop and die and then you have the dilemma of what to do with it at the end of the festivities.  So I am an advocate for the artificial tree...GO THE FAKE TREE!! 

As for decorations...the more the merrier!  Our tree is very eclectic. We have homemade crafty decorations by me, LOADS of paper and crafty decorations by the littlies and decorations Hubby and I bought 12 years ago when we set up house. Including a horrendous flashing star which Hubby picked back then as it was "pretty cool".  

Yes it still goes!

Another tradition we started when the oldest littlie arrived nine years ago was to buy a Christmas decoration of their choice every year and write the date on it.  So the idea is,  if they ever leave home they will have their own decorations to put on their own tree.  It has been a wonderful thing to do as the littlies love ripping open the bubble wrap to see their decorations again.  It makes me feel good.

Homemade Mr Claus
One of my favourite bought decorations

Christmas decorations made from a pattern at Attic24.  Yet another one of her fantastic designs.  I just love all her bright, beautiful creations.  These are super easy and fast to make.  Have a go!



Homemade Christmas quilt - NEVER AGAIN!
Homemade advent calendar

So that's Christmas life in our little world.
Merry 1st of December everyone.
Lxx
New found Summer/Christmas drink

No comments:

Post a Comment